Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Spectral Wound "infernal decadence "

In my car I have a handful of rotating CDs. These are mood specific and get swapped out every couple of weeks. During the transition period between these changes I tend to play music on my phone through bluetooth in my car. With a collection as large and ever expanding as mine I have found it incredibly convenient. I purchased 256gb memory card for my phone and have turned it into my media hub. Having this accessible hub has made me more likely to buy music digitally without purchasing an actual physical copy. I have certain rules to what I buy in this manner and given the finite space I have to store new CDs it is increasingly less likely I purchase actual discs. This #spectralwound  album got played during a shuffle session with my phone. It really sounded great driving around the grey city (raw, awesome black metal from Quebec, so it has that french je ne sais quoi I love so much) so I played the album as I finished driving my errands. When I got home I looked to see if it was one of the physical purchases and I was thrilled and to find it nestled in my black metal section of shelving. I pulled it off the rack and was even more excited to find the booklet contained lyrics so I did something I don't get a chance to do much anymore: i parked my butt in front of the stereo and read lyrics along to a CD. It felt comfortable and soothing (despite the hate emitting from my speakers) and reaffirmed what is obvious to everyone else: I freaking love compact discs!

No comments:

Post a Comment